The chapter was able to sell the alumni’s commitment to their success as a feature of the overall candidate package and the result speaks for itself as 47 of 55 bids were accepted. The pledge class is the largest on the row eclipsing Sigma Chi’s class by 11 and puts Epsilon Pi among the top 10% of all Sigma Nu chapters nationally.
The impressive class features a distinct international and out-of-state component with members hailing from Dubai, Chile, Hong Kong, Chile, New York, Wisconsin, Philly, Austin and Phoenix among others.
Their fall quarter social calendar was also a key selling point as they have raids and tailgates booked with DG, Chi O, and Pi Phi. While they also have an in-house event with Kappa and off-campus raid with DG.
The successes do not end there as the house leadership is poised to qualify Epsilon Pi as a national Rock Chapter of Sigma Nu at this year’s Grand Chapter.
The direction of the chapter is very encouraging and while the house was undergoing renovation projects during the summer, some of the brothers also improved their positions with a variety of internships across the country. Here is a sampling of their pursuits:
- Chase Hart (Acting Eminent Commander) – Summer Analyst at HFF (Orange County)
- Darryl Tan – Investment Banking Summer Analyst at Credit Suisse (San Francisco)
- Darren Tan – Investment Banking Summer Analyst at Credit Suisse (New York)
- Austin James – Investment Banking Summer Analyst at Credit Suisse (New York)
- Rafi Sands – Associate Consultant Intern at Bain & Company (Los Angeles)
- Kyle Citko – Decision Analytics Associate Intern at ZS Associates (Los Angeles)
- Nicholas Asaad – Financial Services Tax Intern PwC (Los Angeles)
- Leighton Paradis – Project Engineer Intern at Truebeck Construction (San Francisco)
- Peter Slaats – Product Development Intern at Otto LLC (San Mateo)
- Loic Maxwell – Intern at InSciTech Inc. (Mountain View)
- Benjamin Chen – Actuarial Intern at Anthem (New York)
- Natan Landman – Actuarial Analyst Intern at Willis Towers Watson (Los Angeles)